Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Post here if you primarily use Dawn in Poser.

EClark1894 opened this issue on Sep 16, 2014 · 134 posts

Zev0 posted Tue, 16 September 2014 at 3:22 PM

Quote - I’d prefer to see specific examples rather than sweeping generalisations, would be more useful …

In what way is Dawn’s topology limiting? In what way is the mesh structure ‘2002 technology’?

Not looking for an argument, I am interested in topology and trying to learn more about it. From what I can see Dawn works quite well in Poser, though I haven’t used any figures heavily for at least the last year. Room for improvement? No doubt, but then I’m fairly sure the same could be said for any figure.

Her topology flow goes against realistic muscle definitions, therefore won't look very realistic, because it simply cannot produce accurate details without banging your head on a desk. Eg where I want to make a realistic muscle shape, I don't have the polygons to work with, or they are flowing in the wrong direction. Also you have to consider how the mesh reacts when bending and how those morphs look. It's why to this date V4/M4 is more versatile compared to Dawn because the mesh is way better flow wise.

My Renderosity Store