Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Post here if you primarily use Dawn in Poser.

EClark1894 opened this issue on Sep 16, 2014 · 134 posts

moriador posted Tue, 16 September 2014 at 11:41 PM

It's kinda funny. I guess if you visited a runner's forum, you might hear, "I prefer Adidas. I can't stand Nike. They don't fit my feet. But UnderArmor has great compression clothing." I think a swim forum that I frequented had a thread once: "TYR vs Speedo" And back in the days of the full length competition suits, there were some fierce arguments about which had the better tech. I fairly sure that a great many triathletes are very loyal to their favorite brands.

I'm reminded of living in Texas. Within minutes of meeting someone, you'd know whether they were a Ford truck, Chevy truck, or Dodge truck person, whether they drank Bud or Miller, Coke or Pepsi, sweet or unsweetened iced tea, and whether or not they preferred honky tonk to neotraditional country music.

It seems to be natural among humans to divide ourselves into groups. And if it's not blood ties, nationality, religion, class, politics, sports teams or brand names, we'll invent reasons. In my elementary school, kids grouped up depending on whether their favorite color was red or blue. No one admitted to liking green, and the pink/purple thing hadn't taken off. (My favorite 'color' was black -- but there was no goth movement back then that I was aware of.) ;)

I don't think it's because we crave conflict and want, necessarily, to fight over these things. More like a shortcut to getting to know someone. If we like the same "things", regardless of the reasons, we seem to like each other much faster.

All 3d figures have advantages and disadvantages. But any particular figure user might well say, "I use ____ because I like to hang out with other people who use ____." Though we may not always admit it, the social influence on our preferences can be huge. And why not? It's as good a reason as any. But we'll argue that this feature outweighs that bug till we're blue in the face. :) 

In the end, it's all a matter of personal taste.

PoserPro 2014, PS CS5.5 Ext, Nikon D300. Win 8, i7-4770 @ 3.4 GHz, AMD Radeon 8570, 12 GB RAM.