Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Post here if you primarily use Dawn in Poser.

EClark1894 opened this issue on Sep 16, 2014 · 134 posts

hornet3d posted Wed, 17 September 2014 at 9:29 AM

I was very hopefull when Dawn was first announced and downloaded Dawn when the figure became available.  Trouble is I need a reason to move from V4 so any new figure has to do something that V4(WM) does not.  Better textures, better bending better expressions the list could go on and on but there needs to something.

Dawn may well be the future but to use her extensively at the moment I would lose some very good skin and eye textures that I have for V4, swap my expression, ethnic and creature morphs for a much more limited list of Dawn morphs and for what?  OK some of this I can work around by doing texture conversions but that is more hoops to jump through and again the question is why would I?

I do keep my eye on Dawn and Hivewire and really want them to be successful.  Recently I have seen some character morphs for Dawn that I do find tempting but at present there is too little I like for Dawn to allow me to use along side V4 let alone replace her.  All in all Dawn is not flexible enough to meet MY needs on a regular basis.  For others it will be a different story and I have no issue with that because that is the only way Dawn is going to stay viable long enough to compete.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.