Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Figure Bashing Making Me Regret 3D Art

Nyghtfall opened this issue on Sep 17, 2014 · 168 posts

moriador posted Wed, 17 September 2014 at 8:08 PM

Quote - I'm dishearted at the divides in the community too. You are not alone in frustration. I see the same forum posts. All the bickering and posturing sees to do a good job at chasing away those of us who just want make a good image.

I do think this is a fundamental weakness with the community. Not the bickering per se because you'll get that anywhere. It's human nature. But with the topics we choose to emphasize. There isn't nearly as much here about making better renders, as opposed to making better figures. (It's there, but often requires a lot of digging in the forum archives). It's much more of a Poser modelling forum than a Poser rendering forum. If it were a Poser rendering forum, we'd hear a lot more from users like Caisson, who is a rendering god, if there ever were one. :)

But I guess people who are most skilled at rendering spend more time doing that than arguing in forums. :)  But it would be nice if there were a dedicated and active rendering forum, where the end result -- the final render (and postworking techniques, as well) was the main point of emphasis.

I agree with your other points, as well.

Quote - I hope you continue with 3D.

Me, too.

PoserPro 2014, PS CS5.5 Ext, Nikon D300. Win 8, i7-4770 @ 3.4 GHz, AMD Radeon 8570, 12 GB RAM.