Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Post here if you primarily use Dawn in Poser.

EClark1894 opened this issue on Sep 16, 2014 · 134 posts

AmbientShade posted Sat, 20 September 2014 at 11:12 AM

Right, because the Hot List is the only stuff that ever sells on this site.

Terrance, and Zev0, what exactly is your point of being in this thread? Do you use Dawn in Poser? If not, why are you posting here? Because it appears to me that all you're trying to do is promote your opionions of Dawn's poor reception, or what you perceive to be poor. And looking at the thread title, that's not what the OP is asking for. It clearly states "post here if you use Dawn in Poser". 

Now I'm not the kind of mod that is real strict about keeping every conversation 100% in line with the thread topic, unless the subject requires it. I've tried that and it doesn't really work, and only winds up irritating a bunch of people - plus it takes more time than I have to spend on it, so I like to let people discuss things that sort of branch off into somewhat related aspects of the thread the way conversations do naturally, as long as they don't become arguments or become hostile. But some people like to carry it too far and start interjecting their own opinions and negativities in, as their way of promoting their own agenda, and that appears to be exactly what you're trying to do here. 

Now maybe I'm wrong on that, but so far none of your posts in this thread have proven otherwise. So unless you have something positive to contribute, I think your opinions have been made clear. Keep in mind they are only your opinions, which the thread topic didn't ask for to begin with. We all understand that you're DAZ vendors, so you're naturally going to promote DAZ content over anything else. I don't have a problem with that. What I do have a problem with is your insistence on turning these threads into a "Genesis is better than everything else" debate, and constantly trying to prove it with the debbie-downer attitude towards anything that is not a DAZ figure. Not everyone here wants to use DAZ figures, regardless of how well supported they might be.

Personally, I use Genesis and Gen4 and Smith Micro figures. I havent' started using Dawn to any real extent yet, and I've expressed the reasons for why that is in the past. But I don't have anything against her personally, or her creators or anyone who wants to build content for her, and I hope HiveWire is succesful with continuing to grow their community around her. Because she does have a following, however small and not up to your standards it might be. She has a group of people who do enjoy using her and want more content for her, and eventually that content will come. 

So I suggest to the two of you, and anyone else who doesn't want to use Dawn, don't use her if that's your choice. But you're not going to come in here and hammer on and on and on about why you think she's a failure. You've made your opinions clear, there's no reason to keep harping on about it because all it does is spread hostility. And if I have to remove you from the forum to prevent you from continuing this crap I will do so. I don't care that you might be vendors here, you're not exempt from the TOS and I will suspend you just as quick as I will anyone else who perpetuates this nonsense.

And, just for the record - while I haven't taken the time to actually check out Rosity's policy on it, you're not hiding anything from me by using alternate names. You might get away with it for the average forum user, but I know who each of you are and everything that comes through this site is recorded, to include IPs. 

So how about we get back to a more positive discussion about Dawn and those who enjoy using her, since that is after all what this thread is originally about.