Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Lucas - original male figure project for PP2012

AmbientShade opened this issue on Mar 14, 2012 · 453 posts

AmbientShade posted Sun, 21 September 2014 at 8:47 PM

Hi KobaltKween. Sorry you have been given that impression. I'm not sure why that is. 

There is a Marketplace Showcase forum here on Renderosity, specifically for Renderosity vendors to show their latest products. Granted, it doesn't seem to get much traffic.

There is also a general Free Stuff forum, for the same purpose.  

You are right, they don't want the Poser forum to fill up with ads for the market place, because this forum is intended to discuss Poser and its functions, and because there is a forum already for ads to the marketplace. 

Mr. Sparky posts threads about his latest freebies here in the Poser forum all the time and has been doing so long before I became moderator. I've never had a problem with that, or with anyone else who wants to show their threads on items they've created. I've never been told it's not allowed and no one has ever complained to me about it, from the user community or from admin. 

I can't speak for what previous moderators have done. 

And if you want to link to your Renderosity store in your signature you can do so, as far as I'm aware. You just can't link to your store at DAZ or RDNA, or some other site. 

And if someone has asked (or complained) in a thread about the existence (or non-existence) of an item that you know exists, you can post about that as well. We do that all the time in this forum. If it doesn't exist on this site, then the link is only permitted when it is specifically requested. 

To be sure, I will check on some of these specific points that you bring up and will get back to you, but as far as I understand it right now, I don't have a problem with you or anyone else posting about your active projects here in this forum. There are many people who do that already. Some are vendors, some aren't.

To be safe, you could create your own sketchbook or wip thread (as I have done here, over 2 years ago, long before I became moderator, and no one ever told me I couldn't, or removed the thread). I think this would be fine, and would help to generate more interaction between our users and our content artists, which is what I feel that we need.

Let me talk to admin about this, (because I wasn't aware this was an issue for vendors until just now) and I'll get clarification on what is and is not acceptable. But really, I think the primary reasons are to try and keep the forums more structured and organized, not to try to stifle vendors or content artists. That would be rather self-defeating, IMO.