Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: What Would You Like To See More of in the Poser forum?

AmbientShade opened this issue on Sep 22, 2014 · 63 posts

hornet3d posted Tue, 23 September 2014 at 4:35 AM

Quote - We've had plenty of controversy and conflict to last us all a good while. That's one of the big reasons that has driven so many people away from this forum. 

If you think a gallery image is 'crap', you should be able to formulate a constructive comment that is positive and helps the artist by giving them tips on how to improve their work, instead of just saying it's 'crap'. Or just not say anything at all. Inflamatory words like that do nothing positive for the artist or this community. 

I post my images to the gallery on a fairly regular basis, mainly as an easy point for the few friends and members of the family who are interested in what I do.  They are all uploaded with the both positive and negative comments allowed.  While rare, there have been occasions when people have offered critical comment and advised how the render could be improved and I have always agreed with the comment.  For me renders and like written documents in that you can get too close and see what you want to see. 

I have always been pleased when others have taken the trouble to advise how I might improve and always make a point of emailing them to thank them.  The point is that they were all helpful, saying something is crap does not assist any improvement.  I get annoyed in the real world when people make comments like 'I would not have done it that way' but fail to offer an alternative.

There may be occasions where there is so much wrong with a render the temptation is not to bother but even here there is no need to pull the render to threads just pick one or two improvements and let the artist learn a step at a time, after all we all had to start somewhere.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.