Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: What Would You Like To See More of in the Poser forum?

AmbientShade opened this issue on Sep 22, 2014 · 63 posts

vilters posted Tue, 23 September 2014 at 7:27 AM

This morning, for the very first time in all the years I have been coming here, I got not a single message of any tread being updated.

Some ten years ago, I'd wake up, and have some 2 or 3 pages of new posts to read.

This morning, none, not a page, not a tread not a single post.

But?
It is not better on any other forum either.
Forum activity slowed down on all Poser / DS sites.

In the beginning, everything was "new".
Now we are pretty much settled and only the occasional question pops up.

Free stuff slowed to a : Ok I"ll release a free item, so they will come to buy my "for sale" stuff.

But?
I have to admid; The quality of the free stuff is far better then the qualtiy of what one could buy 5 years a go. So end users are getting the "hang of it";

And some advanced free apps like Blender are helping a lot.

As far as the market goes, well, it is saturated, so no heavy change in the future.

Poser10 / PP2014 are one year old, so no new figures can be expexted from SM soon.

DS/Gen2 are too deep into each other so, nothing "new" is to be expected there either.

Hivewire Dawn and Dusk hypes are pretty well over and still too new to expect something "new"  in the close future.

So, we are in a pretty stable and calm period, for at least another year or so.

The future?
Here is a "wild guess":

Around this period NEXT year we"ll see Poser 11/ PP2016 with hopefully improved figures.

Two months before that, DAZ will anounce a "Game Changer". LOL.

And one month before DAZ, we will hear from Hivewire that DAWN 2 is coming to take over the market.

From now thill then it will stay calm and the usual occasional fire to put out.

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!