Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: What Would You Like To See More of in the Poser forum?

AmbientShade opened this issue on Sep 22, 2014 · 63 posts

hornet3d posted Tue, 23 September 2014 at 3:07 PM

Quote - I was going to post that I don't think the fighting has kept me away but it has. It has certainly forced me to post less because I simply don't feel welcome. Part of it is that this forum, specifically at this site, explodes when you mention just about anything that someone can get on the other side of and then it just spirals all out of control. The only times, recently, that I have posted is when I I've read things that I felt were dis-informative or "spun" in a certain direction or are imbalanced but I am not even going to do that anymore. It is simply not worth it. If I want my blood pressure to rise, I'd rather it be because I'm excited about something than to waste time arguing with people who are eternally cemented in one point of view or have all the answers or want to pit one side of "whatever" against the other.

I understand and respect your views but, despite the fact that I also try and look for the positive anything, I find this part of your post to be very sad.  There have indeed been some people who post who feel either their way is the only way or seem to want to impose their veiwpoint.   On the other hand I have always found your posts to be balanced and well argued and you are clearly in a position to bring a fact into many a situation when much of what has been said was either wrong or someone's opinion.  When people like yourself, and I know you are not alone in this, leave a forum such as this it is the average Poser user that suffers.  The nay sayers and trolls of this world just move onto another forum with, I suspect, a smug feeling of a job well done.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.