Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: What Would You Like To See More of in the Poser forum?

AmbientShade opened this issue on Sep 22, 2014 · 63 posts

pumeco posted Wed, 24 September 2014 at 11:59 AM

@Ian**
But forum divisions can be a forums biggest enemy.  On Renderosity we have a forum for each program, which is understandable, but for the sake of shock value, just imagine if, say, the Poser and DS forums were merged into one big forum.

I admit a single Mod would need constant health checks but can you imagine how lively that forum would be?

On the face of it, the suggestion could be likened to putting a Piranah in a bowl with a Goldfish, but look at it this way, look at how much the user of one program will learn from another.   Look how much extra people will see each others post and therefore, help each other out in the long run.  Look at how much larger the viewing audience would be if you wanted to show off your latest WIP.

Now, let's say Renderosity lumped all the 3D forums into just one General 3D forum.

There's a Carrara forum here, there's a guy spent years creating an animation and all his thread got was one or two comments, but had the forum being a general 3D forum I'm guessing more people would have seen it and commented.  A Poser user isn't going to ignore an animation posted by someone just because it's Carrara.

It's 3D, and that should be enough to interest a DS, Carrara, or Poser user.

People ask questions here in the Poser forum and there could be Carrara or DS users that have the answer, but because they're in another forum, they didn't see it.  So to me, Renderosity is overcategorised.  I mean who on earth is going to bother posting in the ZBrush forum here when they see it's totally dead?

Of course they will choose a more lively forum, one where ZBrish is discussed.  Again, a single 3D forum would solve it and if I were an admin here, I'd have a massive restructure where the main categories are:

Off the top of my head, that's it, that's really all an artist community needs.

@Clarkie
Just don't stop posting or lose the knack or I'll die of boredom :biggrin:

Yeah, listen, I want to see a "Report Victoria" button adding to the bottom of each post so that when people press it, the coordinators, mods or admins can delete it ASAP.  If we had that button then Victoria would not stand a chance here and only Roxie posts and threads would survive!!!

Pretty soon the message would be clear that only Roxie is allowed and then I'd be more popular!!!

My suggestion is the best one here because it kills two birds with one stone.  It gets rid of Victoria and makes the forum a better place, because if everyone was Roxie users, there would be no point in arguing about which figure is the best.  They would all be using me and they would all agree, that yes, I am the best!!!

Later,
Roxie -
Girl With Blade