Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: OT - Being Forced to Upgrade to Win 8.1

Latexluv opened this issue on Oct 12, 2014 · 96 posts

pumeco posted Fri, 17 October 2014 at 10:53 AM

I can't help but laugh at people every time I read stuff like this, I mean, what did you expect?

Did you expect things to be done for your sake when you use commercial OS's?

There are basically two kinds of people:

The fact is that every one of you being manipulated, have no one else to blame but yourselves.  If you don't like being manipulated, then don't spend money on their products, allowing them to get even bigger, and to manipulative you even further.

Move to a GNU/Linux system (Debian is my personal favourite).  There's no excuse these days for not installing and using this OS.  If you're worried about Windows programs not rinning, just use WINE and you can run Windows programs inside a window in GNU/Linux just like it's on Windows.  Just be sure to avoid Ubuntu, AKA the biggest disgrace ever in the history of GNU/Linux distributions.  Ubuntu is "officially" shunned and should be avoided no matter what people tell you.  Debian, on the other hand, is highly recommended.

People who use commercial OS's either have no interest in the well being of their own data, rights, and privacy, or they simply do not understand the implications of using those OS's.  Best advice I can give here, is learn, because I'm guessing you'll learn the hard way if you don't.  At least Doric has the right idea, and as they say, better late than never. 

It's your hardware, and it's up to you what you do with it, not Apple or Microsoft.  Common sense should tell anyone that it's time to put a finger up to them and install a GNU/Linux OS instead, time to look after your own interests, not theirs.  That's the only way you'll take control of your computer and your life again.

It's either that, or they will continue to control your life for you.

Choose 😉