Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: OT - Being Forced to Upgrade to Win 8.1

Latexluv opened this issue on Oct 12, 2014 · 96 posts

AmbientShade posted Fri, 17 October 2014 at 11:32 AM

I'm still on windows 7 and will stay there for now. It's being called the new XP due to its popularity. I like it and it works just fine with all my software. (I used XP for over 10 years and never had problems with it). I turned off all updates and I don't use IE, haven't in years and haven't upgraded it since whatever version came with win7. Are they just giving away 8.1 now or something? Not sure what is going on here. I have had no upgrades forced on me.

No intention of upgrading to 10 either. I don't use a touch screen (other than my android phone), and have no intention to any time soon unless I miraculously discover an extra $2200 in my bank account one day and am able to buy a Cintiq. 

I've considered moving to Linux but I don't have time or patience to learn a new OS right now, and regardless of what folks say, Linux requires more computer saviness than the average PC/Mac user has time or patience for. I might put it on an old off-line spare machine to learn it at my own pace in my free time. But free time is very few and far between at the moment.