Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Post here if you primarily use Dawn in Poser.

EClark1894 opened this issue on Sep 16, 2014 · 134 posts

AetherDream posted Mon, 20 October 2014 at 11:36 PM

Attached Link: http://luminescentriver.deviantart.com/

I use Dawn quite a bit and I also develop products for her, so I have looked her over very carefully and used her in a variety of situations. As to the orignial question of this thread, I have found some great advantages of using her. First, she scales extremely well, actually better than any figure I have ever used. She is very easy to pose unlike some other figures and her morphs are actually a lot more versatile than what is being suggested by some. She has a different look which is nice because I like to sometimes use her in renders with Anastasia.

There are some issues that I do have with her such as the way the morphs are organized in the dial settings, the lack of clothing support. There were a few bending issues, but it looks like those are going to be corrected for SR2. I also was not fond of her broad shoulders until I realized that all I need to do is scale them and they scale easily in relation to the whole mesh so it does not break apart as some do.

As to the ethnicity question that has come up. I like doing renders with ethnic variety myself. Anyway, I made a Caucasian character for only Poser  for her and sold 20--I made a Native American for her and included native Poser and DS support and sold a total of 4 including sales for both versions-- this is not a unique experience to Dawn development--just saying. What people purchase is what drives the market.

At the top of this post, I included a link to a gallery of an artist who uses her almost exclusively.

"People who attempt define what art is or is not, are not artists"---Luminescence