Forum: Fractals

Subject: Fractals This Week

Lenord opened this issue on Apr 18, 2012 · 314 posts

Lenord posted Fri, 24 October 2014 at 12:15 AM

Hey guys

Well ya'll remember I was telling ya we were going to have a Revamping of the Challenge/Contest area, well appearently it's more than just that.....

Seems the Forums will be Revamped again also....I know we just had one but appearently we'll have another. I really don't know what will happen this is what I've been told is coming

We will be launching a Forum update on the 29th. 

1. Javascript will no longer be allowed. DO NOT USE IT.

1. Any ‘table’ and ‘img’ elements CANNOT have a fixed width. For images they need to upload the exact size they need. For tables I recommend stripping them out and stop attempting to use HTML. (If they don’t know what they are doing they really shouldn’t be attempting to code HTML - let the editor handle that for you)

1. All CSS should be removed, and no longer used unless necessary (please stop using lime-greens).

1. Keep it simple.

I highly recommend that you don’t try to fix the current code. You should copy and paste a backup then start from scratch without over-using HTML (just type into the text editor). Plain text and links usually does the job. 

Basically, anything with a ‘table’ or 'img' that has a set width is going to break the responsive layout of the forums (a lot of those). Below are the announcements that need major help.  

Fractals Forum is in the area affected, everything is Javascripted and HTML encoded so we'll wait to see what we see when the changes go into effect what has taken a direct hit....shouldn't affect the Galleries so that's a bonus, they want us to take action to minimize affect but I don't think that's wise just wait to see what gets scrambled, could be bad but maybe not could be worse taking a shot in the dark to minimize it too, I figure no need to Panic till you're Knee deep and the water is still rising.

I'm not going to Panic or worry about anything, just wait till I see what's broke and fix it then, It'll all get sorted in the end I'm a pretty good Bandaid Engineer so I'm pretty sure we won't Bleed to Death in Fractals if I can help it....

Just wanted to let everyone know what was coming, not a lot of ya'll really pay much attention to the Forum anyway but those who do we might be in for a bumpy ride for a while.............

Remember...No matter where you go there you are