Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: OT - Being Forced to Upgrade to Win 8.1

Latexluv opened this issue on Oct 12, 2014 · 96 posts

pumeco posted Thu, 30 October 2014 at 10:03 AM

You're right, there is hardware itself that will overcome any privacy steps you put on it (which is why you shouldn't use it), this is why such things as the "Open Hardware" groups now exist, they're already putting those monstrous a-holes back in their place.  The big "N" have even resorted to pretending that they can monitor you "no matter what" - even though they can't.

They can monitor you, but they can't monitor you "no matter what you do", they just want you to think that so that you don't bother to protect yourself from their spying.  Unfortunatley, that little game appears to be working for them to a certain extent.  Unfortunately, some people wouldn't spot manipulation and emotional blackmail if it smacked them in the face.  Ignoring them and "protecting yourself no matter what" is what you should be doing.

Personally though, I'm not interested in defeating the big guys from spying on me, well I am, but that's not my major concern.  I'm more concerned about protecting myself from the likes of Apple, Google, Microsoft, Facebook, and all the other mass data-mining tossers out there.  You do that by using an OS designed by the public for the public, it's your first step towards not handing everything over to those tossers on a plate!  Most people really need to get a grip of how monstrous this stuff really is (and how it's very likely going to be used against them in the future), because clearly, most people have no idea whatsoever.

Just remember, there are growing numbers of Open Hardware developers coming onto the scene now because of all this crap, even the big names are supporting it now, so that alone should tell you how important it is to avoid using privacy-invasive OS's like MacOS, iOS, Windows, and Ubuntu - and to avaoid stuff like Google and Facebook.  If you continue to use them, it's you that will pay the price in the future, not those who protected themselves.

It's simple:
They can't do anything with what they don't have, and that's how it needs to be, them in possesion of nothing because none of this stuff is any of their business.  What are all those people who use "health monitoring" apps going to do in the future if the data accidentally on purpose gets leaked and conveniently aquired by all the health insurance campanies?  What are all the Apple Touch ID users going to do if someone accidentally on purpopse figures out a way to distribute everyones fingerprint along with their exact ID?

Example here, what do Apple users store on their iPhoneys?

I mean Bloody hell, surely that's already twice as much information than some hack would need to commit a crime but get the user (or rather "used") convicted for it.  It is totally unreal how much stuff these monstrous companies are gathering from the "useds" of these devices, and like I said earlier, they ought to be hung for it (and would be if I were in power, as would every politician that had any control over it while it was permitted to happen).  They should be treated the same way as war criminals.

The alternative, of course, is to use an Open Hardware phone/computer/OS that does not allow remote control by those who want to (and will) illegally spy on you, and where basically, people aren't dumb enough to actually give such data to companies as that listed above.  I don't own any form of SpyPhone (AKA SmartPhone).  The only time that will change is when open hardware phones are mainstream and have been tested by organizations I trust.

The term "SmartPhone" has to be the most contradictory name ever given to a device because using one is anything but "Smart".  But on a lighter note, I saw an awesome video on YouTube, some guy made a fully functioning smart phone out of a Raspberry PI, complete with antenna and touchscreen.  Now that is what you call smart!

Click Here for an early Custom-Built SmartPhone - the smarter way to go about it ;-)

Awesome or what?
All from a £25 Raspberry Pi - gotta love the Pi :woot: