Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Feature requests for Poser

DreamlandModels opened this issue on Oct 25, 2013 · 189 posts

3dcheapskate posted Fri, 31 October 2014 at 11:27 AM

Quote - A set of complete, ready to go, presets for the materials room. There ought to be standard shaders that would give decent results for things like water, rocks, asphalt, fur, glass, plastic, cloth of various descriptitons, etc. And there ought to be an easy way for users to save textures that they create into this library. In this way, I could enter the material settings that BB makes into the room ONCE and then, forever after, have it ready to call back into the shader tree.

I know enough about programming to know that if they are already saving all of this stuff when we save a PZ3, then it should be possible to save just that part of the data into a separate library!

You can save materials into your library from the material room, but I agree a bunch of built-in materials would go a long ways towards ease of use.  

SnarlyGribbly's EZMat is well on the way to being just that - http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/?thread_id=2876212

The 3Dcheapskate* occasionally posts sensible stuff. Usually by accident.
And it usually uses Poser 11, with units set to inches. Except when it's using Poser 6 or PP2014, or when its units are set to PNU.

*also available in ShareCG, DAZ, and HiveWire3D flavours (the DeviantArt and CGBytes flavour have been discontinued).