Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: OT - Being Forced to Upgrade to Win 8.1

Latexluv opened this issue on Oct 12, 2014 · 96 posts

hornet3d posted Fri, 31 October 2014 at 4:38 PM

Quote "I actually don't have a cellphone because I don't need one. When I did, I just bought burners. Mobile contracts in Canada are insanely expensive and binding. No thanks. Ditto to Facebook, Twitter, etc."

I do have a cell phone, a dumb one that is close to 6 years old and I think I might use about 4 minutes a month and a dozen or so texts.   Don't use FarceBook or Twatter and Renderosity and Amazon are about the only sites that know my real DOB as I buy from them.   All the rest have some strange information such as father's name - Dick Turpin or the like (non UK members might need to look it up)  Mother's maiden name is something simple like Maiden (and I mean like) and I also check that there have been no searches on my credit rating an a weekly basis.  Despite that my credit cards have been done three times four years but at least all the fraudulent transaction were noted in less that 48 hours and the last one in under three.  That said I do order on the Internet a few times each week thanks to a large family - birthdays, Christmas and a hungry, intelligent dog that gets bored easily.  Mind you my dog has an email account as well, which I use to send joke emails, but it should make interesting reading if they listen in on that one.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.