Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: OT - Being Forced to Upgrade to Win 8.1

Latexluv opened this issue on Oct 12, 2014 ยท 96 posts

moriador posted Fri, 31 October 2014 at 4:46 PM

To be frank, the people we should worry about are our ISPs/mobile companies. Unless we're taking pretty heroic measures to encrypt everything at the source, they have access to all our communications.

No point using an open source phone unless you're also using open source towers. If you're connecting that sucker to Bell or Verizon or AT&T and you're not encrypting your communications, you're handing everything to them, and to their lowest, minimum wage employees.

I worked for AT&T for about 2 months. The job requirements were: able to breathe plus typing speed of 30wpm+. No interview, no background check, no prior employment check, nothing. And as a customer service tech, I had access to the information for any customer who called: Name, DOB, address, SS#, etc, and credit cards used to make payments plus, I could read their texts, if I wanted. To be sure, I couldn't call up info on anyone I wanted, just whomever was on the line at the time. But were I criminally minded, I'd have more than I needed to commit identity theft.

When it comes to identity theft, that's what users of cellphones -- smart and regular flip phones -- should worry about. Not what OS they're using.

PoserPro 2014, PS CS5.5 Ext, Nikon D300. Win 8, i7-4770 @ 3.4 GHz, AMD Radeon 8570, 12 GB RAM.