Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: OT - Being Forced to Upgrade to Win 8.1

Latexluv opened this issue on Oct 12, 2014 · 96 posts

pumeco posted Fri, 31 October 2014 at 6:51 PM

Like I said, I'm not talking about going out of your way to defeat the big "N", I'm talking about the general stupidity of handing this stuff "on a plate" to any data-mining corporation that wants it.

I basically ensure the likes of Crapple, Microdick, Googlespook, Farcebook and Twatter are kept well and truly out of my business.  By using Debian as an OS I don't need to concern myself with backdoors to these tossers or the system letting in or sending out anything I don't authiorize (almost the entire internet is run on GNU/Linux systems for a reason - it's because it's the most secure system).  Bottom line is, no corporation or company pays me (or you) for this information, and even if they wanted to, I would not sell mine to them.  You can imagine then, that I'll be damned if I'll just sit back and let them take it for free - which is essentially what people are doing - just like a bunch of muppets (or rather, marionettes).

I use Windows myself, I like using Windows, I'm using it right now simply because I happen to be booted into it.  I wouldn't dream of using it for anything important though, anything where I want my communications to remain private.  And that's my point, using an OS shouldn't mean a trade-off regards the privacy of the person using it.  Thankfully, this isn't the case, and we don't have to put up with that crap, and guess how I go about that?

I use Debian, and I think everyone else should do the same if they value their privacy.

Ever hear the song I'm a Marionette?
The words in it are a perfect fit for how I see the general Apple and Microsoft OS using crowd, the words go something like this:

And I'm like a doll, like a puppet with no will at all
And somebody taught me how to talk, how to walk, how to fall

That part reminds me of Apple users believing everything the company (which incidentally is represented by a half-eaten fruit) tells them.

I'm a marionette, just I'm a marionette
Pull the string
I'm a marionette, everybodys glad
Just as long as I sing

That part makes me think of Apple only being satisfied when they have every entertainment consumer sending money exclusively to Apple to purchase it.

I'm a marionette, I'm a marionette
Just a silly old clown

Yup, very, very apt.

Can't complain, I've got no one but myself to blame
Somethings happening I can't control
Lost my hold, is it safe?

Bloody hell, it's like it was purpose written for the situation and those words perfectly represent the conclusion :-D
You can check it out for real by Clicking Here

Yup, I'll stick to my Debian :-D