Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: OT - Being Forced to Upgrade to Win 8.1

Latexluv opened this issue on Oct 12, 2014 · 96 posts

pumeco posted Sat, 01 November 2014 at 7:34 AM

Lets just say I know a lot more about this than you think I do :-D

For the third time, I am not talking about defeating the big "N" - that's a whole different level of spying and data-mining, and yes, they're another bunch that ought to be hung for public amusement.  I'm also well aware I've been data-mined, we all have.  Debian doesn't defeat what is being data-mined once it leaves your system unless it is rigged with the right software, but it does allow me to control what gets put onto my system and what leaves my system in the first place, whereas Microdick Windows and Crapple OS, do not.  The only reason Microdick can screw around and take liberties with their "useds" like that is because the "used" has no control over their own OS installation, even on their own hardware!

LMFAO

That's what we're talking about here, Windows users getting manipulated through "forced" upgrades.  Like I said, I get really tired of even talking about this stuff because people really should have the intelligence to realise that they should not use anything that is designed to (and does) allow spying and remote manipulation of their system.  At the end of the day, it's no skin of my nose what other people use, all I'm concerned with is that I, myself, am using the right OS.  But when I see threads like this, or this type of discussion, I usually take the opportunity to let others know there are alternatives to all this manipulation and privacy-invasive crap.

Whether people think they should do something about it is always going to be a direct indication of their intelligence because the two are invariably linked.  You either understand why you should not be using such OS's (and actually do something about it), or you don't.  I haven't even touched upon Google's very own OS for the Chromebooks, needless to say it is owned by one of the biggest data-miners of the lot, Google, so need I say more.  The only thing that can be done about this stuff is to let people know about the better, safer, free alternatives, and hope they see sense for their own good.  I'm not Microdick or Crapple, you see, so I'm not in a position to "force" you to do anything.

Think about that, because that last comment says it all really, doesn't it :-D

Anyway, I'm not ignoring anyone, and I'll continue to read the discussion but I'm not replying further on this topic, it's too time consuming (and falls on deaf ears 99% of the time anyway).  That said, Roxie has finally figured out how to use the new forum and has a little something she wants to say first ...

Yeah, listen, don't be a muppet!!!

MacOS and Windows are sooo boring and conformist anyway, so why would you use them?  I've got a Raspberry Pi, I use that as my main computer running a custom Debian OS.  I can do whenever I want, and DAZ still don't have a clue who keeps culling all their Vickies!!!

Later,
Roxie - Girl With Blade