Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Tips for Character Vendors:

pumeco opened this issue on Sep 29, 2014 ยท 135 posts

moriador posted Mon, 03 November 2014 at 12:17 AM

I'm not sure whether to go by the title of the thread or by the OPs first post. I guess I just don't think that whether a character is attractive or not has much bearing on whether it's useful to me. In fact, given the plethora of good looking young men and women in my runtime, I've got far more attractive characters than I'll ever actually use.

My favorite recent purchases bear this out: Mildred and Myrtle plus a couple of Senile Santas from Tempesta here, and Jiggerman by Brahann from RDNA. In other words, what I will buy is what I don't already have. And I don't need any more twenty year old gods or goddesses regardless of ethnicity.

Thankfully, there are some very, very good aging and faceweight morphs available for Genesis 2, so I can at least make those characters appear a little less perfect.

But I understand that vendors want to sell what sells. If so, it doesn't matter what we find attractive or not. It's what people with money to burn find attractive, and that seems to be a very specific look.

PoserPro 2014, PS CS5.5 Ext, Nikon D300. Win 8, i7-4770 @ 3.4 GHz, AMD Radeon 8570, 12 GB RAM.