Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Tips for Character Vendors:

pumeco opened this issue on Sep 29, 2014 · 135 posts

moriador posted Mon, 03 November 2014 at 6:37 PM

That should be an interesting thing for vendors to observe for though (a tip), because in the course of just three pages, four of us have effectively spoken in support of thick eyebrows, yet not a single person has reacted with a "thin looks better to me" type of comment.  It's a good indication that the thin look the vast majority of vendors go for, might be worth changing to thick look at least once in a while.

Well, that depends on what you mean by attractive -- and who's doing the buying. I expect that a great many characters are bought by women -- hence the "thin eyebrows" and the enormous variations in fingernail shapes and colors (something I don't think most blokes really pay any attention to) and all the makeup options and different colored eyelashes, etc, etc.

The popular vendors most likely know, by now, exactly what their particular customers prefer, and they are producing repeated iterations of that look over and over. It does get tiresome, just as the same outfits over and over gets tiresome. But they need to make a living AND there are fairly easy ways we, as customers, can adjust a purchased product more to our liking.

I prefer thicker -- more natural -- eyebrows in women, myself. So I totally agree that changing the look occasionally might not be a bad idea.

Of course, as I pointed out, character textures aren't fixed. You could just pick up an eyebrow pack and add some extra follicles that way.

PoserPro 2014, PS CS5.5 Ext, Nikon D300. Win 8, i7-4770 @ 3.4 GHz, AMD Radeon 8570, 12 GB RAM.