Forum: MarketPlace Customers

Subject: credit card declined under review by fraud service?

julesart opened this issue on Nov 15, 2014 ยท 4 posts

StaceyG posted Sat, 15 November 2014 at 3:12 PM

Hello

This was an AVS failure through our credit card processor with a no match on street address and zip code. I notice by the last four digits (which is all we can see since we do not store credit card info) that this isn't the same credit card you've used on more recent orders so is it possible the card you used for this purchase has a different billing address associated with that credit card? The AVS failure happens when the billing info input in our checkout doesn't match the billing info associated with that credit card but it's not due to Renderosity but through the card process verification system.

There isn't something to "retract" an authorization because credit cards have a two step process and since it failed AVS we didn't receive the payment so there is nothing on our credit card side to "retract". You can let your credit card company know that this failed AVS and will not be settled but nothing further happens with this since it failed.

But just based on the code it got and seeing the "N"'s on the avs portion for address and for zip code that is why it failed and so I'm not sure why if the address you put in our checkout matches exactly the billing address on your credit card it would fail.

Let me know if you need further information or I can assist you further

Thank you

Stacey