Forum: Bryce

Subject: Bryce 8 Development Funded Via Kickstarter

JackStr8 opened this issue on Nov 13, 2014 ยท 25 posts

JackStr8 posted Sat, 15 November 2014 at 6:13 PM

@chohole - can you provide links to the threads that list these reasons? Or suggest keywords that could be used to look them up? I want all issues out in the open so they can be taken into account and discussed.

People often talk about what Bryce can't do or that other programs do it better as reasons for not saving it. But the idea is for Daz to use a crowdfunding platform to raise the money needed to essentially create a new version of Bryce.

There are no limits here (or very few). I'm not thinking in terms of a patch job. This new version could have functionality we haven't even thought of. Free your mind and stop being married to what already exists.

Bear in mind that a Kickstarter project could potentially generate a lot of profit. Daz could walk away with a whole new version of Bryce and thousands of extra dollars--without an initial investment. Check out the link I posted above for the Reading Rainbow Kickstarter. If a Bryce 8 has a visionary mind behind it, it could be a game changer. Never believe that the game can't be changed--find a way to change it.