Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Tips for Character Vendors:

pumeco opened this issue on Sep 29, 2014 · 135 posts

Boni posted Tue, 25 November 2014 at 5:06 PM

"Looking good, Boni, the detail is lost in shadows though.  I'm wondering if you have your gamma set wrong or you have your monitor brightness set too high, and that it's influencing your judgement on the output.  I can barely see the eyebrow details on the black babe, but on the white one I think I'd make the eyebrow hair strands thinner but have more of them, make them more dense.

Oh, and it's nice to see what looks to be a true Redhead for a change, I hardly see that on Poser characters, it's usually some other weird colour.

I was going to suggest turning the reflection down on the eyes a bit, but again, you might have set it like that due to your gamma or monitor settings - the reflections on the eyes are really stand-out super-glassy and I think that's down to your viewing settings somewhere :-)" ~ Pumeco

The gamma settings are turned off.  Intentionally.  I found them to be muting the SSS way too much for my taste.  I'll bring them back and test them.  The woman I modeled the "redhead" after is actually of Norwegian ancestry (or at least she portrayed that in many of her roles) but I did work hard to get the textures more accurate.  The brows are ... done purely in the transparency channel.  But also hooked up to the bump/displacement.  The face texture is no-brow.  Again this allows the user to change the color of the brow at will.  Thank you for your kind words about my models.  I will work on the morphs for the second model as I put that together in about 4 hours trying to capture a blue-black texture, and failing that just a pleasant tone so there is a minimal of morphs on her.  

Boni

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork