Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Tips for Character Vendors:

pumeco opened this issue on Sep 29, 2014 · 135 posts

pumeco posted Tue, 25 November 2014 at 7:07 PM

@RorrKonn
Just listened to your CD although I'm not sure what your talking about with your comment, was you replying to an earlier post?

@Boni
Sounds like you have it all worked oput regards how the brows work then.  I haven't even begun to play around with using different types of eyebrows other than actually just drawing them on.  And yes, have a play with Roxie, but try to be a bit more open minded than our good friend Vilters.  I think he forgets were're comparing a perfectly symmetrical mesh to a human :-P

@Vilters
I'm not saying she a perfect clone, you crazy person, I'm just saying she looks like the girl who might have inspired her overall look, build, size, figure etc, but even if she didn't, that's still bloody close I reckon, Tony, even your own screengrabs look extremely close.

Even in your own images, there's a few things to bear in mind.  On that head-on shot, look again at her lip shape top and bottom, it's identical and I never even mentioned the lips being the same, they're just smaller on Roxie.  The head-on shot is also different because of the camera lens, Natalie is up-close to a real lens, so her lips and nose are going to look larger anyway - exaggerated by the field of view.  But look closely again at the shape of the lips (even though I never mentioned the lips).

Side view, again, Natalie has her neck forward whereas Roxie doesn't, and that changes the jaw line somewhat.  In the same posture the difference would not be that great.  Also in the side view, check out the eyes, Roxie's looking forward but Natalie is looking down with her head slighly tilted back, had they been the same, again, there really isn't that much in it.  But yup, what I'm getting at is if you look at Roxie, her body, her hips, breasts, general build, age, height, the type of face, eyes, and eyebrows she has, the general face shape etc, she looks extremely close to Roxie, to me anyway.

Put it this way, if I wanted to do a Natalie Imbruglia lookalike with a Poser figure, I think I'd be 90% done just by loading Roxie into the viewport :-D
Anyway, YouTube embedding is working, I still see "Roxie" walking through that door and dancing around, check the rest this time, figure, build etc: