Forum: Bryce

Subject: Bryce 8 Development Funded Via Kickstarter

JackStr8 opened this issue on Nov 13, 2014 ยท 25 posts

JackStr8 posted Mon, 01 December 2014 at 7:38 AM

Over the last several years I've read posts by people lamenting Bryce's demise and wishing they could save it. People were making extensive wishlists for the next version of the program. That, and the article that inspired me to start this thread, made me think there was an audience out there that would embrace a new version of Bryce--one that could be everything they wanted it to be (or as close to it as one could reasonably expect, y'know).

Bryce was my weapon of choice for over a decade, but I moved away from it a LONG time ago. But I still have a bit of nostalgia about it--or, rather, I did until I read these comments. No, I don't want to be the one to create my own "Bryce-like" program. My interest doesn't go that deep. I just thought I'd come up with a fundraising method that would cause Daz to rethink Bryce because the development wouldn't cost them any money and thus wouldn't pose a financial risk to the company. Daz, then, wouldn't look at Bryce as something purely to sell their content--it could be that and much, much more. It could have been a game changer (that the public paid for).

Anyway, I'm out of this conversation. Thanks to everyone for the feedback. Every comment is greatly appreciated. Have a great day! (Oh, and please check out my latest work on facebook.com/MerlinRealm--"likes" and friend requests welcome!!!)