Forum: Fractals

Subject: Fractals This Week

Lenord opened this issue on Apr 18, 2012 ยท 314 posts

Lenord posted Sun, 07 December 2014 at 11:18 AM

Got the first entry for the Dec/Jan Challenge which allowed me to check some things out as far as operation of the New Challenge Area goes.....It's weird

It's straight forward as far as members adding entries, just load the Thumb and Image like always and Submit, it goes to holding until Staff can check it for Limits etc then either Accepted or Reject it.....Usually if it's just a little out of Spec I would just fix it myself and re-upload it and accept it if it was way out I would fix it and let you know and give you the option of doing the fixing yourself...

Now here is the Rub with the new Challenges....The limits as far as Size are valid:Thumbs 300x350 and 1200x1200 Max However the stated size limits appearently don't matter much for some reason.

When checking the first Entry the size was Waaay out but knowing the member whose entry it was I suspected something was awry because this member usually always adheres to the Rules of the challenge so I did some experimenting.

I added a couple of entries myself and discovered the Dimensions stay what is uploaded but Memory size is adjusted way bigger than the original entry...by generally 200K ??!!??

Don't know why it does that but needless to say I won't be rejecting any Images entered due to Memory Size being Too Large....These open Contest and Challenges right now are the first with the New System so things are undoubtedly still being sorted and could change at any time....

For now just keep the Dimensions as stated in the Rules and we'll let the Memory Size take care of itself.......I'll keep ya'll updated on other changes as I become aware of them

Len

Fractals Moderator

Remember...No matter where you go there you are