Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Cloth Hair?

jbearnolimits opened this issue on Dec 03, 2014 · 10 posts

moogal posted Wed, 10 December 2014 at 11:21 AM

I've done a little experimenting with 'cloth hair' and one problem I consistently ran into was that of the 'ribbons' slipping through the figure mesh edge ways. It seemed like they were slicing into the figure mesh and I couldn't stop it happening. I tried with both dynamic cloth and soft body physics.

The folks who made Look At My Hair for Daz were talking about bringing it to Poser, but I've not heard anything more on the topic. That would be a dream come true.

It's refreshing to see others agreeing with me that Poser's dynamic hair is crap. I've had some rather heated arguments on here with folks who honestly worship the hair room and what it produces, claiming that such results are and will always be a million times more realistic than trans mapped hair... lol, right, yeah.

Rather than overhaul the hairroom or license another dynamic tech, they could at least try to (creatively) solve the problem of making transmapped hair more dynamic.  Heck, it's not like dang near every video game company of the last 5 years hasn't figured out how to do or fake it...  I have said for a long time (and heard very little back) that Poser needs dynamic zones that work (to the user) like magnets...  Just a simple sphere with a falloff strength and inner and outer zones.  You'd simply align the inner sphere with the character's skull (to constrain the hair at the scalp) and position the outer zone so that the hair was contained within...  Then it would work like a softbody or spring solver, bouncing and twisting the hair in response to the figure's movement, but without the strand twisting and intersecting you would expect to get with a cloth sim.