Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: The case of the invisible figures

moriador opened this issue on Dec 29, 2014 · 22 posts

moriador posted Tue, 30 December 2014 at 1:48 AM

I have not experienced this with 2014. But I don't load much 3rd party content. Is it happening with the stock content? 

Also, there is an SR5.1 available. So you're actually 2 SR's behind, if you're still on 4. 

Is there a particular reason you're still using SR 4?

Yes. There had been reports of SR5 mangling obj importation, and that's a critical part of my current workflow. I was waiting until 5.1 had been out just long enough to ascertain that it didn't have any new deal breaking bugs before I installed it. And this issue was workable, until.... today. Edit: Don't know about stock content. Like texture crosstalk, it seems to require a particular set of unlikely variables (identical group name, identical texture map name?? despite being different maps) in two models, which doesn't happen often -- unless you're building a big village full of "houses" with a lot of  what should be different "roof.jpg's" on their should be distinct "roof" groups, if that makes any sense (and if it isn't based on a totally wrong supposition).

Edit again: I'm hoping Phil will tell me it's just something wrong with a particular set of CR2's and that I can fix them and be on my merry way! :)

PoserPro 2014, PS CS5.5 Ext, Nikon D300. Win 8, i7-4770 @ 3.4 GHz, AMD Radeon 8570, 12 GB RAM.