Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: The case of the invisible figures

moriador opened this issue on Dec 29, 2014 ยท 22 posts

moriador posted Tue, 30 December 2014 at 3:37 AM

@FVerbass -- That's exactly what I do think happened. Poser chose the first files that seemed to match, rather than the ones that actually did match. But surely it shouldn't do that. There are a limited number of nouns for common items -- and some content creators are going to come up with the same names for materials, objs, group names, and so on.

Also, not a scale issue. As I said, after I cleared my cache the first time, the initial set of invisible figures loaded just fine.

Edit: Didn't think of the listfiles script. Brilliant way to check. Thanks for the tip.

@Shane -- Vanity folders didn't help this time. None of the obj's were just sitting in the same folder. They'd have overwritten each other. And they are in vanity folders. Some of them are even in completely different runtimes. Precise names, however, may have been the solution. And I'm with you there. Consistent and precise naming is absolutely essential if you're to be organized (I get it from legal training). But you can't force a standard on content creators, and some are always going to use generic names for things. Poser shouldn't spazz out when they do. LOL.

PoserPro 2014, PS CS5.5 Ext, Nikon D300. Win 8, i7-4770 @ 3.4 GHz, AMD Radeon 8570, 12 GB RAM.