Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: The case of the invisible figures

moriador opened this issue on Dec 29, 2014 ยท 22 posts

moriador posted Thu, 01 January 2015 at 8:16 PM

LOL. Yeah. Poser does do some odd things when it get low on memory. Hell, I do odd things when I get low on memory. In my experience, most errors of this nature are, by themselves, pretty rare.

In the case of the missing figures, though, I'm not sure there's any geometry reference error, per se. Unless the reference to geometry in the BODY in the CR2 is causing problems, there's nothing wrong with any of the figures that didn't load.

I guess when you're loading a Vicky or two, plus clothes, and some props, the likelihood of repetition in geometry or material names is quite small because most of the assets are different in nature. But when you're loading several villages with 50 different houses (made by dozens of different vendors), the likelihood of repetition in geometry and/or material names is quite high. So high, in fact, that it's reached 100%. :D :D I'd gotten used to the houses inadvertently wearing each other's textures. But the geometry thing was new to me.

PoserPro 2014, PS CS5.5 Ext, Nikon D300. Win 8, i7-4770 @ 3.4 GHz, AMD Radeon 8570, 12 GB RAM.