Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Why aren't male figures more popular?

EClark1894 opened this issue on Apr 16, 2014 ยท 474 posts

moriador posted Sun, 04 January 2015 at 7:09 PM

@FVerbass -- Doesn't matter what tool I use. There are only so many places a vertex can reasonably go, and if you put it in the wrong place because you don't know where the right place is, it doesn't matter how precise the tool is that put it there. Some of us are not modellers; we have spent our time practicing renders. And we don't have the skill moving polys around that modellers have acquired. It's not a matter of dexterity; it's a matter of knowing what polys look like when they're moved. A pen tool doesn't provide that. If it did, we'd all be making our own content. :) Edit: And I'm decent enough with the morph tool in Poser that if I had the same interface with a modeller -- plus a few additional commands --, I wouldn't be able to morph faces, but I'm pretty sure I could knock out dynamic clothing right away. (I've also tried morphing in Blacksmith3D. Hmmm. No luck. It will take A LOT of practice to be able to do it the way I want to. In the meantime, I wanna make some renders. :)

@Doric -- Yep, I agree. Rex seems more like a bit of an Ivy League college boy to me. He has that clean-cut upper middle class boy scout sort of look to him. James and Simon are much more down to earth. Nothing wrong with any of them -- except as you point out -- the earlier fellows could use some updating, and Rex could use some morphs, too. :)

PoserPro 2014, PS CS5.5 Ext, Nikon D300. Win 8, i7-4770 @ 3.4 GHz, AMD Radeon 8570, 12 GB RAM.