Forum: Blender

Subject: OT - 3D printing question regarding Blender3D

leather-guy opened this issue on Jan 06, 2015 ยท 7 posts

Lobo3433 posted Wed, 07 January 2015 at 8:06 PM Online Now! Forum Moderator

I second the motion, and not just because I'm a Blender-phile. I have the latest Windows and Linux versions of Silo: there are still issues. Tried both flavours on two widely different systems: Silo still locks up on me and/or crashes in certain situations. Which is a pity, as I was using it to do Fugazi's modelling tutorials... now, I'll have to sort out how to do what Fugazi does in Blender. And Silo just does certain things differently.

Hi Robyn As to Silo just curious have you updated to the new latest release? There is a 64 Bit version for both Win and Linux just download from their trail page your license for 2.2 will work for the new versions. As to doing Fugazi tutorials which at this point I think I own all of them and highly recommend them. Most will translate to Blender with a few tweaks like for instance one of the top of my head is the one on making a treasure chest he makes multiple cuts in a box where in Blender to achieve the same thing he was doing we would use the edge slide. The mirror function in Blender seems more intuitive to me now after gaining more skill in Blender. But his tutorials are worth the money and can translate to Blender with out to much trouble. If you need any help just let me know.

Lobo3433

Blender Maya & 3D Forum Moderator 

Renderosity Store

My Free Stuff

Facebook

Twitter

Renderosity Blender 3D Facebook Page