Subject: Creating Multiple External Runtimes

Geoffrey_Woodget opened this issue on Jan 25, 2015 · 43 posts

fictionalbookshelf posted Sun, 25 January 2015 at 8:56 AM

I have twenty runtimes.

V4 & Her Stuff

M4 & His Stuff

Genesis 1& 2

Plants & Environments

Horror & Gothic (Halloween type stuff goes in this one as well)

Apocalyptic

Old West/Indian

and so on. A few of my runtimes are collection specific such as West Park series and so on. All of my runtimes are on an external hard drive. 

A few of my runtimes (mainly V4 and M4) I organize even more than just having their own runtime. Characters such as clothing, the actual figure of V4 and some hair all installs into same folder. So I make Clothing folder and move all clothing characters to it, V4 stays in her original folder and I move the hair characters to the hair folder under hair. I do the same under poses in V4's runtime. I hated trying to find body poses and sifting through tons of clothing textures and vice versa. So I made a clothing folder, general body poses, character texture folder, and V4's morphs ++ and other vital tidbits I left in it's original pose folder.

For me I haven't notice a slow down in Poser or Daz by having so many runtimes. If anything, it speeds up my work flow because I know exactly where to go when I need to find something in a hurry. I suggest taking look at everything you have and make runtimes that fit your needs best but like others mentioned somethings won't work unless installed in same runtime so be careful.

My Store & My Freebies