Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Is your monitor darker at the top ?

RorrKonn opened this issue on Jan 26, 2015 · 28 posts

pumeco posted Tue, 27 January 2015 at 5:15 AM

@RorrKonn

The monitor I linked to (the one I have) has an IPS screen, and although that monitor is designed for colour accuracy as well, it was really only the IPS I bought it for.  But now that I've had it around three years, there is no way I could ever go back to a standard monitor.  It's not just IPS and colour accuracy that's important, it's the quality of the screen itself.  The difference between this screen and a standard monitor is like night and day, seriously.

I never got to try it before I bought it, but it was well worth the risk, absolutely no regrets here, she's a killer peice of kit.  I think there was only one review on Amazon when I bought it, but now there are sixty.  The opinion is pretty much the same for everyone, a Pro Monitor for the price you can pay for a standard one.  It's part of their "ProArt" range, it even came with a hand-signed calibration report from the calibration engineer - crazy!

But basically, no matter what monitor you go for, just make sure it has an IPS screen and don't let the sales assistant convince you otherwise.