Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: making money making content?

MistyLaraCarrara opened this issue on Jan 30, 2015 · 133 posts

MistyLaraCarrara posted Fri, 30 January 2015 at 1:50 PM

"is the market more in demand for Poser7 or PP12 stuff?

I'm at the point where I pretty much have everything I need. I mostly buy scenes and props now. (How many bras does Vicki NEED?) I will say that I do look at which version the content was designed for, because I believe I get better features and textures in those pieces that do not feel they have to be backwardly compatible. If it's Poser 7  and it's what I need, it's not a deal breaker, but if it's between something touting Poser 7 and Poser 10, 10 wins every time.

As a minor content merchant, I'm not sure it's something you can build an income on. I've just got one item that I made (for myself) and then decided to sell. It's a male character, so I'm sure that has impacted my numbers. However...Over the 5 year life of the product I will candidly tell you, I've sold about 175 copies of it. It's an $8.95 piece, and I get 50%, so you can compute what I've made on it. I'm sure that the vendors who are better at it than I am, who post more products, and who target V4 make a lot more, but for most I'm pretty sure it's not a living."

it's tough to find stuff in the rmp, once it falls off the what's new

maybe if you made an add-on for it would bring more attention?

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff