Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Creating Multiple External Runtimes

Geoffrey_Woodget opened this issue on Jan 25, 2015 · 43 posts

Geoffrey_Woodget posted Sat, 31 January 2015 at 3:00 AM

Last (?) Questions. I realize you can build multiple runtimes anyway you want basically, but I want to make sure I start out right, and not 4 months later think, "gee I wish I would've done that differently. So:

1) Do most of you create a Runtime with subcategories to keep it neat, or do you just make everything a separate Runtime?

Example: Runtime/Creatures/Character/Vampires                                         Runtime | Creatures:Vampires

Runtime/Creatures/Character/Werewolves                                    Runtime | Creatures:Werewolves

Runtime/Creatures/Character/Zombies                                          Runtime/Creatures | Zombies   

(same Runtime W/Subcategories)                                                          (All separate Runtimes)

1. If I make a Runtime named 'Generation 4' for the various DAZ bases & their Morphs, what do I do with 2nd party designers, like P3D, or Seven, who like to make their         character FBM's out of a combination of Morphs++, Aiko Morphs, and some times even S4 Morphs? Do I either put a subcategory of 'People' in my Generation 4                 Runtime, so it can pickup all needed Morphs, or is their a way to make a separate Runtime named 'People, without duplicating the various DAZ Morphs? Guessing not.

2. Same basic question as above for a 'Creature' Runtime. I can put Creature Creator Morphs in there, but sometimes. depending on what the creature is, it isn't it's own         CR2, it';s V4 or M4 with Morphs++. Same deal- either put it in with Generation 4 Runtime, or duplicate Morphs++ in this Runtime?

Again, I know I can do either, but how do most handle this situation?

Thank you