Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: making money making content?

MistyLaraCarrara opened this issue on Jan 30, 2015 · 133 posts

AmbientShade posted Wed, 04 February 2015 at 3:47 AM Online Now!

Wow. I'm not being judgmental Connie. I apologize if you took it that way. My comments weren't directed specifically at you but at the conversation as a whole - notice how you weren't the only one whose comments I quoted - and I wasn't trying to start or perpetuate an argument, or step on anyone's toes, vendor or otherwise. I specifically never said it was an easy field to get into - in fact, I've stated multiple times that starting off slow to test the waters and see if it's really something you can see yourself doing full time is the best way to go ('you' being in general here). Because a lot of people try and soon discover they just don't have it in them. Many think it's easy work that most anyone can do and make a quick buck "if they just learn the software", until they actually start trying. It's not for everybody. And I wasn't intentionally implying that you're lazy or don't approach your work the way you should, because again, my comments weren't directed at you specifically. I don't have the first clue how you, the individual approaches your work. (I've looked at your catalog and you have a solid body of work and definitely some strong talent). But at the same time I know the kind of work and hours it entails because I've been doing it for a number of years now - 3 of those years were spent in school, working in a nose-to-the-grindstone production environment where work days were anywhere from 12 to 16 to 20 hours, 6 to 7 days a week with zero tolerance for excuses, because that's how most studio environments are in this industry. They don't want to hear "there aren't enough hours, or there isn't enough time". You make time, or you get replaced. And yes, I do make my living as a content artist. So you aren't speaking to a novice here, or someone who "hasn't done their research" or doesn't communicate with other vendors and content artists. But I don't want to argue with you about it. If you say the (pretty much universal) laws of business and promotion don't apply to being a vendor then I'll take your word for it.