Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Who made the characters and props that come with Poser 10?

Anthony Appleyard opened this issue on Feb 18, 2015 · 27 posts

mrsparky posted Sat, 21 February 2015 at 9:19 PM

With this particular model that's what I'm lead to belive from a colleague. While I can't see any reason that he's wrong, given the sheer amount of work I've created/co-produced in the last 12-15 years just on 3dstuff alone(without including traditional media or photography) yea it's possible I'm incorrect and I do in fact still own the IP.

Also unlike a painting which you sell once, digital work is more akin to a commidity. You might sell the rights or licence the work to one artist, he sells that to another and a larger company buys the lot.  So very to get confused at times. However even if I/we didn't assign anything, and the IP is still mine/ours, I'm now wondering in regard to the original question if it's all a moot point.

While I don't have any problems with AA re-jigging it, it's really old stuff. I've got no interest in hosting/handling such an item, moreso as it was created for another
purpose. SM isn't going to remaster all their discs and downloads for something like that either.

Yes changes could be RTE encoded, but how many artists will rush to grab something they've already got? Especially if any 'improvement' is likely to untextured. Which is why I now think AA could be better off making his own versions of this concept, after all it's hardly an idea thats original or unique.

Pinky - you left the lens cap of your mind on again.