Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: If Only Poser worked liked Photography...

Photopium opened this issue on Feb 22, 2015 · 33 posts

hornet3d posted Mon, 23 February 2015 at 4:31 AM

Although I have been doing photography for over thirty years I have to say I don't really have a problem with Poser lights, horses for courses I guess.  Reality is indeed based upon real lights and I have tried to fall in love with it, what it does it does well but I still have some problems with texture conversion.  Even with the latest edition my characters still have black eyes.  It is not the fault of Reality as I have my character eyes set up for real reflections and I think that is what gives Reality a problem.  So for me personally, Reality is something I have but use rarely as I dislike having to fiddle with the textures and the long render times.

Having said I have no problem with lighting I only use Poser for renders of internal situations.  For anything outside I import my poser character into Vue letting it use the poser materials.   

file_a8f15eda80c50adb0e71943adc8015cf.jp

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.