Forum: MarketPlace Customers

Subject: credit card comprimise issues

poisinivy opened this issue on Mar 05, 2015 · 5 posts

poisinivy posted Thu, 05 March 2015 at 7:09 PM

I did not blame any web site or Renderosity  I only stated the facts.  The fact is this was a brand new credit card only used in 2 web sites 5 times  I had a total of & 65 dollars spent on it and I only used it in a 5 day period.  I received this card just a couple of weeks ago and never used it's been sitting on my desk waiting for March Madness sales to begin.

Anyway what Mastercard told me, is it could have been site compromise and to notify the site owners which I have  The Credit card company also told me to check my PC for maleware and virus etc.  which I have 3 or 4 times. I run very good security system on my PC I have kaspersky  and Maleware bytes. plus a password protected wireless DSL proxy which requires authentication to get access to my proxy network & internet. I build web sites for a living that is why i buy  3d content to use the art i create in my business, 

This was not the first time I have credit card compromised, so after the first time i learn to be extra careful how i do my online business & why I always get fraud protection on all my credit cards. I never use my debit card or store my credit card information on any web site EVER! 

This was a brand spanking new credit card with a $10,000 limit. has not been used any place but renderosity and Daz. there is no other place to trace this too.

So anyway the credit card company is lucky not to eat the $8000  in charges & issue me a new credit card within 30 days

But from now on all my online purchases at Daz and renderosity will be made with either a pre paid green dot credit card or my paypal account

This is the only way to be sure that it won't happen a 3rd time.