Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: DAZ bundling IRay with Studio (for free)

ghonma opened this issue on Mar 11, 2015 · 149 posts

Male_M3dia posted Wed, 11 March 2015 at 4:38 PM

Back on topic, if DAZ keep this thing free then maybe this could become a nice option for rendering Poser scenes as well ? lux is slow and octane is expensive and high end renderers don't have much support for poser... Could scripts be written to allow scene setup in Poser and rendering in DS/iRay ?

I don't believe DS will read a pz3 scene file, so you're probably left with doing an obj export and applying materials to that. That's not to rule out someone being able to read the DS sdk to work around getting the scene into DS. But then you still have to learn all the material settings which are different from the dials used for the regular gloss/spec model.

DS reads PZ3 files, and has for as long as I have used it. However it will probably choke on things that DAZ Studio does not support, like the Poser 8 or later rigging, Firefly specific shaders some of the Cameras, and lights come in wrong, depending on which version of Poser, the lights are more or less correct and either too dark or too bright.  

Yeah that's what I meant, if it doesn't read it correctly or has errors, then it didn't read the pz3 file. ;)  But the less items that depend on shaders and the material room and more on actual maps and textures, the better.