Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: DAZ bundling IRay with Studio (for free)

ghonma opened this issue on Mar 11, 2015 · 149 posts

jura11 posted Thu, 12 March 2015 at 7:01 AM

Off course its interesting news,but as with every PBR renderer everything will depends on yours HW,shame is only for nVidia GPU,yes you can use CPU mode,with which will you will get slower renders 

With Poser you still can use many other external renderers,just you will need to export them to external app like is 3DS MAX etc.I personally prefer 3DS MAX and render there in V-RAY,both are student version and both will do job for my needs or you can use there Metalray or iRay etc. 

Agree Reality is slow,but most of the PBR renderers are slow,everything all depends on the HW used and settings used,if I will crank V-RAY settings in some scenes then my renders will takes too 12-14 hour to render on my PC

Good on the iRAY in DS is everything you have there and you don't need to export to external app,which is easier for people who prefer to render in one app.I've done few test renders and they look OK,still I would do few more renders to test and then decide if its for me,for me I hate DS GUI and I don't see I would be using DS for rendering although iRay is very nice proposition and nice renderer and this can me take back to DS,but for now I'm firmly with Poser and use as my external renderer 3DS MAX with V-RAY or I will go route other renderer

Thanks,Jura