Forum: MarketPlace Customers

Subject: credit card comprimise issues

poisinivy opened this issue on Mar 05, 2015 · 5 posts

Moritz5 posted Fri, 13 March 2015 at 1:39 PM

I've had a very similar experience to what was described by poisinivy. I purchased a Vanilla VISA Debit card so that I could buy an upgrade to poser 10. This was bought in the middle of February from the Renderosity Marketplace. I was really surprised when I checked my balance and found that there was a transaction by SKR*USA Skrill.com for $29.74 on 4 March. Since I only made the one transaction at the marketplace, perhaps there really was a problem here. The amount was not large so I chose not to pursue it. I've always been very happy with the marketplace and have not had any problems with any other transactions.

I was planning to buy couple of items from Cybertechno but the remaining  $1.07 won't get me very far. In the future I'll by the debit cards for the exact amount I plan to spend in one session. the only problem with this is that there is a five dollar charge to activate each card.

There would've been no reason to even mention this if I had not  come across this thread.  While my loss was insignificant, poisinivy, I really do feel your pain.