Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: DAZ bundling IRay with Studio (for free)

ghonma opened this issue on Mar 11, 2015 · 149 posts

jura11 posted Fri, 13 March 2015 at 9:30 PM

"I'm thinking I'll hold out for Paolo's Reality for Renderman. :)"

I'm not sure that I blame you due to the extra level of fiddling for surfaces. But, since I am cheap and the price is 0$ I doubt if I would. That and I want to be able to figure out how to work "oh I use the same render engine as the guys who do the renault commercials" into a conversation. I know they still won't understand what I do or what I am talking about but at least they would recognize that one word.

I just don't think Reality will be available with Renderman as Renderman Free if you mean is and will be available for free use(although Renderman has been announced few month ago and they said,should be available in 2014,hopefully will be available in 2015) and Reality is commercial product,not sure if Renderman can allow this  Out are few other PBR renderers like Mitsuba which are GPL free or many others and if SM or Paolo@Reality will accompany this to their apps then great thing,this we can say,if SM will struck the deal with nVidia or even AutoDesk or Chaos(V-Ray) then we are all the winners

Thanks,Jura