Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: DAZ bundling IRay with Studio (for free)

ghonma opened this issue on Mar 11, 2015 · 149 posts

pumeco posted Wed, 18 March 2015 at 11:34 AM

You're very wrong about the interface, it's that type of interface that helped make Bryce and Poser in to popular products.
I agree about Flash though, nothing should depend on that crap, so thankfully there is a way around it!

When I talk about Poser having a better interface, I'm talking about usability.  I'd rather grab the dedicated designed tools in Poser and spin them around than go searching through masses and masses of sliders in DAZ Studio.  The people responsible for the original Bryce and Poser interface were years ahead of what we have even now.  For the most part the designers of programs lately, shouldn't be let anywhere near a design job.

Considering Poser is crap at at animation etc, what do you think is causing people to pay hundreds of dollars for Poser when they can have DS for free?

It's the interface, and it could do with some improvement, but nevertheless, it's the Poser interface than makes it a nicer program to use over DS, and as with anything in life, you can't beart a design purpose made for the job.  Programs like Bryce for example, have a 100% purpose-made design, whereas DS is more like a skinned OS interface.  Poser has been getting like that lately, but even so, those few remaining elements make all the difference.

If SM ever removed the trackball and lighting globes for example, users would take massive issue with that because they're aspects that make Poser, Poser.  Having heads and hands and globes with arrows are much more instantly representative of a function than a bunch of similar-looking buttons on an OS interface like DS has.  The designers of Bryce and Poser understood this, and that's why their products were the most pleasurable to use back in the day, and still are today.