Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: DAZ bundling IRay with Studio (for free)

ghonma opened this issue on Mar 11, 2015 · 149 posts

pumeco posted Thu, 19 March 2015 at 11:07 AM

An interesting situation is with Reallusion right now, I mean talk about bad decision making.

Awesome program, awesome animation tools, designed from the ground-up for being "realtime".  Problem is, it has the shittiest DX-based renderer I've ever seen, and how did they try to get around that?  In my opinion, it was creating a bridge to "Indigo" no less, something that is anything but realtime.  Due to the idiotic decision making, I've stopped purchasing iClone and kinda regret supporting them early on.  I bought into iClone BECAUSE it was a realtime environment.  It cannot get more idiotic than to concentrate on a bridge to "Indigo" when it's own realtime engine is so ourageously poor, even though iClone is designed for realtime.  Freaking hillarious decision making that was.

"Backward" really isn't sufficient enough to describe that one :-D

So you see, don't assume that these companies always know what they're doing, because they don't.  Some of the business decisions I've seen made by DAZ, Reallusion and SM, show sub-zero understanding of their userbases a lot of the time.  Reallusion's behaviour especially of late, has alienated quite a few people and I'm not in the least bit surprised, they have made some utterly backward decisions just lately.

The only good thing about that is it will give SM time to hang on to some customers, and gain more, by bringing Poser's animation tools up to speed.