Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: DAZ bundling IRay with Studio (for free)

ghonma opened this issue on Mar 11, 2015 · 149 posts

pumeco posted Thu, 19 March 2015 at 8:53 PM

Exactly, Zev, sounds like we think very much alike.

That's nothing though, the Indigo thing.  What's even more backward is that they spent time adding in DX9 compatibility for those who thibnk using 15 year old graphics cards is going to do them any favours with modern software.  You have to laugh at that one, they finally reachjed DX11 and it still looks like DX9 on a bad day.  To add insult to injury, catering for dinosaurs was obviously higher on their priorities than making their new DX11 renderer look worthy of the DX11 tag.

Yup, a lot of backward decision making from them lately, but at least they're not wasting my money on it.  I knew there was something wrong when they announced it, banging on about Indigo and not a bloody thing about what actually matters to iClone users, the built-in realtime renderer which still looks like crap for a DX11 renderer.  Hell, it looks like crap even by DX9 standards, nevermind DX11.  The only positive thing is that they say they're adding PBR materials to it soon.  Unfortunately though, no mention of improvements to the environment and post-processing effects to go with it.

Can't see me parting with any money for version 6, but who knows, they might surprise everyone.  Personally, I think Reallusion are clueless when it comes to realtime engines.  They are easily the best at implementing realtime animation abilities, stuff like that, but I reckon they need to bring-in an expert in DX11 programming to sort their realtime renderer out :-D