Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: DAZ bundling IRay with Studio (for free)

ghonma opened this issue on Mar 11, 2015 · 149 posts

wolf359 posted Sat, 21 March 2015 at 9:30 AM

"I suppose you're a better interface designer than Krause and a better sculptor than Teyon, man, you got some skills then."

No I am Not either.

My opinion of the Kraus inspired poser,Bryce& carrara  interface

designs are based on my experience using those apps since the mid 1990's and later moving on to other

more functional interface designs to create complex animations/Simulations in professional apps.

Peoples program experience will vary as will their opinions

neither of these aformentioned apps have proper tools for mangaging large scenes with multiple elements and cameras for animation& visual effects production.

Until some one can show me otherwise ,my opinion remains unchanged regarding this matter.

On the Matter of the default poser figures since pose 7 .

Well the Community & market has spoken clearly regarding their

asthetics,desirability  &technical functionality.

feel free to browse the history of this very forum and read for oneself, if so inclined .

"

An interesting situation is with Reallusion right now, I mean talk about bad decision making.

Awesome program, awesome animation tools, designed from the ground-up for being "realtime".  Problem is, it has the shittiest DX-based renderer I've ever seen, and how did they try to get around that?  In my opinion, it was creating a bridge to "Indigo" no less, something that is anything but realtime.  Due to the idiotic decision making, I've stopped purchasing iClone and kinda regret supporting them early on.  I bought into iClone BECAUSE it was a realtime environment.  It cannot get more idiotic than to concentrate on a bridge to "Indigo" when it's own realtime engine is so ourageously poor, even though iClone is designed for realtime.  Freaking hillarious decision making that was."

I Actually agree in part with the above.

First, I never cared  about the Iclones rendering or display

any more so than I cared about Endorphins primitive display.

I got those apps ,when I partially migrated to Windows,

for one reason only.

Their POWERFUL motion creation &RE-TARGETING tools.

I am an animator/VFX enthusiast.

who has no problem using apps dedicated only to Character animation in realtime like IClone & Endorphin.

as long as I can export to poser compatible BVH to be ultimately rendered in Maxon Cinema4D where I have professional scene management & camera tools.

and Plugins to bring in Fluid Simulations from Realflow

,Load poser content directly from poser runtimes with full poser figure format functionality natively INSIDE Cinema4D.

To say nothing of a direct,camera & 3D Data compositing bridge to After Effects and other finishing tools.

RealIllusions Decision to Create a bridge to Indigo was IMHO

....Stupid!!

Why??

Well those  low poly Game characters ,that we use in Iclone,

to create this Amazing Character Motion will look like crap in any render engine including Indigo.

but who cares ???

we dont buy Iclone to use its figures in final deliverables 

As for importing characters from other apps via the 3D Exchange
 (Maya,Max,Daz studio genesis),

Well Most people do that only to retarget motion to the rig

but ultimately send it back to their Main application for environment set up and final rendering.

RealIllusion has introduced no new animation tools in Iclone 6

(Not that Iclone Needs any). 

So I will be skipping this version and continue to use 5.5 along with 3D exchange of course.

My website

YouTube Channel